Saturday, September 4, 2010

Sunday Dinner

What's for lunch tomorrow after church?  Any ideas?  It's always nice to put something in the crock pot early in the morning on Sundays because when you get home from church, lunch is ready!  I love to walk into the house after church and smell something delicious!  It seems as if everyone comes home from church s-t-a-r-v-i-n-g!  (when you are feeding a bunch of boys like I am, they are ALWAYS starving!)  Here's what I'm making in the morning and it will cook while we are at church.  Well, actually tomorrow we are having a pot luck luncheon at church so I will be toting my crock pot with me and plugging it up when we get there.  My family absolutely loves when we have this and sometimes we just make a meal of it! 
 (I always double this recipe for our family of 7 and definitely double, or even triple, if I am taking it somewhere to share.  You need a large crock pot to do that.)

Mrs. Polly's Macaroni & Cheese 
(recipe given to me by a sweet little lady from our home church in Virginia, Mrs. Polly Board)

Put in crock-pot:
2 cups evaporated milk
1/2 tsp. paprika
1 tsp salt
2 tablespoons minced onion
1 egg beaten
2 cups cubed cheese (I use sharp cheddar)
2 tablespoons butter
Stir well.  Cover and cook on high for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.  Add 4 cups cooked macaroni; drained.  Cover and cook on low for 3-5 hours.

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to try this recipe! I've got all the ingredients handy from couponing!! And I need to use up my evaporated milk that I got for free last winter. Can't wait to try this!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...