Saturday, January 31, 2015

Happy Saturday!

Do you have any projects planned for the weekend??

We are getting Super Bowl ready...I'm making Nacho Dip and my girls are going to make football cupcakes.

We are also going to finish up some Valentine's Day decorating.  I don't do a whole lot but there are a few hearts and such to scatter around.  One of my boys bought a really cute banner to put on the mantle.  I will show you in a bit.  I think my oldest gal is going to make a Valentine pillow for the rocking chair.

We've also got to get some things ready for school next week.  

As much as I just want to stay home today I will have to head out.  A trip to the grocery store is a must, and it's looking like I may be making a trip to Hobby Lobby as well.  (But, I don't ever mind that.)  If you are shopping there too, make sure you go HERE and pick up a coupon.  

Before I leave the house I want to have a plan for dinner because I know how a couple of hours of errands can turn into more and then we get home right at dinner time and everyone is hungry and looking at me wondering what's to eat.  

Do you have a dinner plan for tonight?  

I'm currently doing a giveaway for a fabulous cookbook- Weeknight Dinners.  If you haven't done so already you can register for the drawing today! 

Here's a recipe straight out of Weeknight Dinners that just might strike your fancy.  

Jan's Pork Chops & Pierogies

10 3/4 oz. can cream of onion soup
1/4 c. water
10 oz. pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 onion, chopped
Optional:  1/4 c. hot peppers, chopped
6 boneless center-cut pork chops
salt and pepper to taste
12 oz. pkg. frozen mini potato pierogies
Optional:  sour cream

In a bowl, mix together soup, water, spinach, onion and peppers, if using.  Spread some of the soup mixture in the bottom of a large slow cooker.  Season pork chops with salt and pepper; arrange over soup mixture.  Top with remaining soup mixture.  Cover and cook on low setting for 4 hours.  Shortly before serving, turn slow cooker to high setting.  Add frozen peirogies to slow cooker, pushing them down into sauce.  Cover and cook on high setting for about 20 minutes, until pierogies are cooked through.  Top peirogies with a little sour cream if desired.  Makes 6 servings.  

I hope your weekend is extra cozy.  Make time to love the ones you love!

3 comments:

  1. I spent my Saturday running errands too. I should have planned ahead though and didn't for a meal. Next time I'll have to give one of your recipes a try. They always sound so good! My hubby is excited for the Super Bowl. His favorite team is there, the Patriots. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose your husband is pleased with the outcome of the Super Bowl! :)
      I never get into it much but my boys and my husband like to watch it. I enjoy making the foods that go along with the game, that's about it!

      Delete
  2. Yes Stephanie. My husband was very happy with the Patriot's win. I liked your football cake. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...