Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Easy, Cheesy!

In the two weeks since my last post I've really, really wanted to write.  So much so that I planned to stay up very late or get up extra early and do just that.

It never happened.

I've had so many things I want to share with you.  I've also had a Christmas musical with my girls, a guitar recital with one of my boys, shopping, baking, wrapping, homeschooling, cleaning, and laundry, plus an end of year open house for our co-op, a talent show, and about 200 other things.  I don't intend to put my blog on the bottom of the list, that's just where it ends up.







Our oldest boy is finishing up final exams this week, co-op is officially over until next year, tonight is the last AWANA meeting for 2014, music lessons pick back up in January, sewing lessons finish up next week - what I'm trying to say is, things are winding up for the year and our days are going to slow down.  YAY!  {Hopefully this will give me a little more time for blogging.}

Even though I haven't been able to blog about it, we've been having lots of holiday fun.  Our four boys were able to help with a Prison Ministry Christmas party for kids, and my honey and one of our boys were able to help with selling Christmas trees for another ministry (http://www.buyatreechangealife.com/).  We've done some shopping and today we are doing some baking.  I've even done some wrapping, (which is a big deal for me since I tend to procrastinate on that task). 

One of the things I've wanted to share with you is this delicious recipe for a very easy cheese ball.  I know you are probably receiving lots of invitations to holiday gatherings and to most of those you will be taking a little something to share.  This recipe can feed a lot of folks and it is oh-so-good! Everyone loves this and I'm positive you will too.



Rebekah's Easy Cheese Ball
  • 2 8oz packages cream cheese
  • 4 1/2 oz shredded cheddar cheese (a little more than 1 cup)
  • 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
  • chopped pecans
  • dried parsley
Let cream cheese and cheddar cheese come to room temperature.  Mix cheeses gradually adding dressing mix a little at a time until entire package is used.  If it's too sticky, refrigerate of place in freezer for 30 - 45 minutes.  Shape into ball and roll in a mixture of chopped pecans and dried parsley.
*Can be made ahead and frozen.

I serve this with Ritz crackers and my family loves it.  I made one last week and they are already asking me to make another.  If you make this cheese ball be sure to send me word and let me know what you think.  

Happy Cozy Holidays!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy. Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...