Monday, November 24, 2014

Hot Potato

Hey Everyone!

I've got a really easy dinner idea for you tonight.  You probably have lots of cooking and baking to do this week.  I know I do!  Since I'm busy with Thanksgiving preparations I try to keep the meals in the days leading up to Thanksgiving ultra simple.  Tonight we are having Baked Potatoes and Salad Bar.  I'm giving my oven the night off (actually, I'm cleaning it) and I'm making the potatoes in the crock-pot.  If you've never done that before, here are some easy instructions.


  • Stab potatoes with a fork.
  • Wrap each in foil.
  • Fill crock-pot with potatoes.

  • Cover and cook on high 4 hours, or low 8 to 10 hours.  (*Do not add water)
Remember to remove potatoes with tongs.  We once had guests and someone reached in to get a potato with their bare hands.  They are too hot to handle for sure.  



You can cut up a big salad, like I'm planning to do, or make a pot of chili, or just set out some butter, sour cream, shredded cheese, bacon bits, broccoli, or whatever you like to top off your baked potato.

Check back here tomorrow for a hint on how to make your turkey extra juicy and delicious.  I'll also share with you my Thanksgiving meal plan (with recipes) and a simple table.

Have a cozy day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...