Friday, September 5, 2014

Bible Time

I had planned to read a chapter of Psalms to the children each morning at breakfast during our school year.  I switched it to Proverbs for the month of September after our Pastor suggested to the congregation that we read the Proverb that corresponds to the date (Sept 1st - Proverbs 1, Sept 2nd - Proverbs 2, and so on).  





Today we read Proverbs 5.  It made for some interesting discussion with my boys!  :)  

Do you have a time each day to read the Bible with your children?  If not, carve out a little time somewhere in your day and start reading.  You will love it, I promise.  This one thing makes a big difference in our lives - more so than anything else we do.  I usually read aloud to the kids at breakfast and my husband leads our family Bible time at night.  We aim to start and finish our day in God's word.  

{Deuteronomy 8:3  And He humbled you and let you be hungry, and fed you with manna which you did not know, nor did your fathers know, that He might make you understand that man does not live by bread alone, but man lives by everything that proceeds out of the mouth of the LORD.}  

None of us get too busy and neglect to feed our kids physical food.  Oh maybe for a brief period - we forget to get lunch ready or something like that - but no mama goes days at a time without feeding her children.  Yet somehow we might go days (or longer) without feeding our children spiritual food.  Children do not live on bread (cereal, chicken nuggets, mac and cheese) alone.  

I've been guilty of rushing through the morning, or allowing too many activities in the evenings, and skipping our Bible time.  I'm always reminded when we do resume how wonderful it is and I'm encouraged and strengthened to live another day in this foreign land.  I can't think of anything better we could serve our children.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...