Saturday, June 7, 2014

A Simple Tasty Meatloaf

Pictures of my pantry are coming soon.  I'm just not finished yet.  I did not think I would have trouble finishing these projects in one day but several of them have carried over.  My new attitude I'm trying out is to be happy with whatever I can manage to get done and be thankful for it.  It's taking some getting used to.  I like to be a finisher.  

For today, I have the easiest {very yummy} meatloaf recipe for you.  My family loves this - and I bet yours will too.  When I want to score some extra mommy points, I make this.  Meatloaf and mashed potatoes must go together, according to my family.  I usually add a vegetable (peas or green beans or carrots or whatever) and some yeast rolls.  

Would you believe I doubled this recipe the last time I made it?  That's a three pound loaf of meat!  We also peeled an entire five pound bag of potatoes for the mashed potatoes.  There was maybe a small serving of each leftover.  It's crazy how much we're eating around here! 




Tasty Meatloaf

1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 egg
1 onion, chopped
1 cup milk
1 cup dried bread crumbs
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons prepared mustard
1/3 cup ketchup

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  

In a large bowl combine the beef, egg, onion, milk, and bread crumbs.  Season with salt and pepper to taste and place in a lightly greased loaf pan or 9x13 baking dish.  

In a separate small bowl combine the brown sugar, mustard and ketchup.  Mix well and pour over the meatloaf.  

Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.  


I hope you enjoy a cozy weekend with your family!  I will {hopefully} meet you back here on Monday.   :)

If all goes well, here's what I've got planned for next week:

My Pantry Re-do
A Patriotic Wreath
Some Favorite Articles
Summer Fun To-Do List
Beach Buckets
and 
VBS Ideas and Decor

1 comment:

  1. Looks very good, I'm going to try it for Tuesday and yes mashed potatoes must go with meatloaf. My family would agree!!! Hope that Nic is improving we are still praying for all of you!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...