Monday, October 31, 2011

Monday Motivation #8

THIS WEEK'S CHALLENGE:  No Bible/Prayer time = No computer time. 

What's one of the first things you do in the morning?  Is it check your email/blog/Facebook?  If so, I'm challenging you to put priorities back in order and begin your day with God.  Before checking email and the like, spend some alone time with God praying and reading your Bible.

 It is pretty easy to get pulled into the computer first thing in the morning or to just take off on a busy day.  As wives and mothers we can go right from one thing to the next all day without taking the time to be still and give our attention to the Lord's voice.  I don't know about you but I definitely don't want to neglect that important time with my Heavenly Father!  I'm putting a challenge in place.  If I haven't had time for my prayer and bible reading then I'm not getting on the computer. 

I cannot remember where I read it, or who said it, but I heard this quote once, "Bible reading is sort of like eating peanuts, the more you eat the more you want".  I agree!  The more I read my bible, the more I want to read it.  And that goes for prayer too.  The more I pray, the more I want to pray.  My days are so much better when I begin them with the Lord.  No day is perfectly perfect.  I don't claim if you read your bible and pray at the start of the day, the rest of the day will go just as you want it to.  No, there isn't a magic formula for perfect days.  BUT, there is tremendous blessing in starting the day with God.  He is peace, comfort and guidance.  He is Healer, Counselor, Father.  There is NO BETTER way to start the day and there is NO BETTER way for a wife/mommy to spend her time.  We are all using our computers more and more, and not just computers but i-pods and i-pads and cell phones.  We must be careful not to get pulled into this electronic era to the point that these things (Internet, blogging, Facebook) become idols.  Make yourself a rule, as I am, no bible and prayer time = no computer time.

Let me know how this is going and if this is a real challenge for you.  Feel free to comment here or email.

Be blessed this week!

THE LORD IS MY STRENGTH AND MY SHIELD; MY HEART TRUSTED IN HIM, AND I AM HELPED; THEREFORE MY HEART GREATLY REJOICES, AND WITH MY SONG I WILL PRAISE HIM. 
PSALM 28:7

1 comment:

  1. Stephanie, thank you for this challenge. I sure need it. I spend too much time reading/watching good stuff on the computer, but not the time I need to spend doing the BEST, spending time with the Lord. You are right about it becoming an "idol" too- I'm feeling some of that. Again, thanks for this. Blessings, Jenny C.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...