Tuesday, April 22, 2014

My Heart Sings

Hello, friends!

I'm a little late in saying this but I hope you had a happy Easter!  We did.  It was a beautiful day, perfect for celebrating our Risen Lord!


Last Monday I wrote about all the things I needed to get done.  I told you I wasn't going to get bent out of shape over my to-do list but I was going to find a way to accomplish everything.  I couldn't have dreamed how my week would go!  We had a very scary experience with one of our children almost getting hit by a car.  It was unbelievable and still when I see it over and over again in my mind I feel tremendous fear.  But with that fear I also feel great thankfulness.  I am thankful to God for sparing her life.  The car stopped right up against her.  She could touch the hood.  It was a horrific event that left us all shaken.  I'm so thankful to God that in His providential will He chose to keep that car from harming her.  Obviously, after that our day changed dramatically.  The list of items I needed to buy no longer mattered to me.  The cleaning I wanted to do just disappeared from my mind and all I wanted to do was hold my sweet babes.  If there was a way to put a half dozen kids in my lap, some of them grown, I would have done it.

Our week carried on with some things being added, others re-scheduled and canceled.  We ended up with a raging case of pink eye in one of our kids which meant a trip to the doctor and the pharmacy.  In a big family you just never know what might happen.  There are a lot of variables!

We made it to church on Sunday and it was such a blessing!  How easy it is for a mom to get caught up in the work of a holiday and miss the celebration.  Oh, for me anyway.  I cooked and baked more food in two days than I have in my lifetime.  (Okay, sorry for that exaggeration but honestly it felt like it.)  I put together fun little baskets of goodies for the super six.  I cleaned the house, helped seven people find clothes, shoes, belts and socks to wear,and somehow managed to get clothes on myself.  We read books, colored eggs, made multiple trips to the store - three trips to Walmart in one day (Saturday) is a little ridiculous don't you think?  I tried to make everything pretty, and special, and delicious.  It's a lot of work.  But during all this week's work (that I really do enjoy) we were doing a lot of talking and reading about Jesus, the cross, the GRACE of God, and it was sinking into my heart!  I was reminded afresh and anew who I am and Who He is.  I am so selfish and He was so selfless.  The Son of God gave His life for a selfish sinner like me?  Who can comprehend?  He the selfless Savior, me the selfish sinner.  What an exchange!  He became sin so I could become righteousness!  The grace of God makes my heart sing!



Here are a few pictures I snapped Sunday.

Special friends.

Our dear Pastor with our smallest gal

An annual springtime tradition - the bunny cake



The end of a perfect day

4 comments:

  1. That sounds like a really scary situation. I'm glad everything turned out well. It really puts things into perspective when a near accident or illness happens. Blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are exactly right, Jennifer...perspective! It really does! Blessings to you!

      Delete
  2. Oh my Stephanie, I cannot imagine how awful that must of been. So, so very thankful she is okay. Made me scared just reading it. I enjoyed all your Easter photos. Everyone looked wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...