Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Fifteen!


Another one of our kiddos celebrated a birthday over the weekend.  I just can't get over how fast these kids are growing up!


Nic chose to celebrate with a pool party Sunday night.  Red and turquoise were the colors of choice.  I filled this bucket with candy (Skittles) and wrangled up some squirt guns.  Later when it got dark we passed out glow bracelets.



Nic requested nachos (I'll include my recipe at the bottom of this post.) and pizza (my honey picked up take out) and soda and cupcakes.  I threw in some bottles of Kool-aid because the colors were party perfect.




We were very thankful to God for the beautiful weather.  Just hours before the party there was a terrible storm and we thought we may have to go with our Plan B - having the party inside.  However, God blessed us with a perfect night and we were so glad.


You don't have to spend a fortune when you're planning a birthday party.  I found these plates and napkins at the Dollar Tree, purchased the sodas for one dollar each at Walmart, and the tablecloths were 97 cents.   The Kool aid bottles were six for a dollar also.   Once you choose a color scheme you can bring things together nicely without breaking the bank.



The best part about the birthday party was definitely friends.  I'm pretty sure they all had a great time.


In keeping with tradition, on the morning of his actual birth date (Tuesday) he woke up to this.  We've been making these for the kids' birthdays for a long time.


For his birthday dinner Nic asked for Petros.  If you're wondering what Petros are, as we were when we first heard of them upon moving to Tennessee,  it's a pile of Fritos covered with chili and toppings like lettuce, tomato, cheese, onion and sour cream.






After dinner he opened a few presents.


We finished the birthday night off with some birthday cake and milk.




My how the years fly by!

Happy Birthday, Nic!  We love you!!

Yummy Nacho Dip

1 lb ground beef or Italian sausage  (I use Jimmy Dean Hot Sausage)
1 can Nacho Cheese Soup
1 can Cheddar Cheese Soup
1 small can (15 oz) Rotel tomatoes

Brown the sausage and drain.  Dump everything into the crock-pot and stir.  Serve with tortilla chips.

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing pictures of all the fun parties y'all have! They all look so fun. :) And that picture of the boys...with little Clare just standing there. It makes me smile. :) I hope y'all have a blessed school year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Geneva. I hope you all have a blessed school year as well. I'm sure you will with the wonderful family you have!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...