Monday, June 3, 2013

This Monday's Recommended Reading

If you read my last post you know I am recommending we all read our bibles more.  That being said, it should come as no surprise that my recommended reading for this week is The Holy Bible.   :)


If you are looking for a specific suggestion for where to start I would suggest maybe Proverbs, or the book of John.  I was reading recently about Christian conflict resolution and the author had much great advice.  My favorite piece was, "read Proverbs until you know it backwards".  I love the book of Proverbs.  It is packed FULL of wisdom.

I'm also partial to the gospel according to John.  This was the very first book of the bible that I did an in depth study on.  It is impossible to have a favorite book of the bible since every word of it is active and living and sharper than any two-edge sword, but if I was pressed for a favorite I might say John.

So, there you go, that's my recommended reading for this week.

Read your bibles, love on your family,  and make it a fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...