Thursday, June 27, 2013

Slow Cooker Cranberry Pork

It's time to load up the crock-pot!

 Do you know what you are fixing for dinner?  If not, maybe you will want to make this too.  :)

During our travels we had a meal with my husband's folks.  My mother in law fixed the best pork roast we have ever tasted.  It was delicious!  And fortunately for me, and maybe you, she gave me a copy of the recipe.  I'm loading up my crock-pot right now and already everyone is looking forward to dinner time.

3-4 lb. Pork Loin roast
2 Tbsp oil
1 can whole berry cranberry sauce
3/4 c. sugar 
3/4 c. cranberry juice
1 tsp ground mustard
1 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup cold water
Salt to taste

Place roast in slow cooker.  Combine cranberry sauce, sugar, cranberry juice, mustard, pepper, cloves.  Pour over roast.  Cook and cover 7-8 hours on low.  Remove roast.  In saucepan, combine cornstarch, water, and salt until smooth.  Stir in cooking juices.  Bring to a boil.  Cook/stir 2 minutes or until thickened.  Serve with roast.  (Serves 10-12)



1 comment:

  1. Here's another take on the cranberry pork roast. Make your sauce with 1 can whole berry cranberry sauce, 1/2 bottle of Creamy French dressing and a packet of dry Lipton onion soup. 3 things, dumped on meat - my kind of crock pot recipe!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...