Tuesday, November 6, 2012

White Chili


My family loves this recipe so last night I made a super huge pot for dinner.  We actually had leftovers (a very rare thing in our house) and we are all happily looking forward to warming it up for lunch today.  We enjoy this the most when it's cold outside, and even though it hasn't yet gotten real cold in our neck of the woods, it was around 60 yesterday and that was cool enough for me to make it.  
  • 1 Tbsp olive oil
  • 1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • 2 cans chopped green chilies
  • 2 cans Navy beans, undrained
  • 2 cans great Northern beans, undrained
~Spice Blend~  
  • 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 2 tsp ground cumin
  • 1 scant tsp oregano
  • 1 tsp cilantro
  • 1/4 tsp ground red pepper
(I probably don't have to tell you but I tripled these ingredients.) 

Chop chicken into bite sized chunks.  Saute chicken and onions 4-5 minutes until chicken  is cooked and onions are tender.  Stir in broth, chilies, and spice blend.  Simmer 15 minutes.  Stir in beans and simmer 10 more minutes.  We always add a dollop of sour cream to ours.  Delicious!

1 comment:

  1. I love White Chili. It's such a comfort on a cold day! I am hosting an Ultimate Soup Recipe Party. I would love for you to share this recipe and any other soups you may have! I hope to see you there :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...