Tuesday, August 19, 2014

I Have a Dream

I feel like I've forgotten how to blog.  I've lost track of my blog so many times in recent months I'm no longer in my groove.  We've been in the strangest season, and every time I write what I think is my final post about it all, another chapter unfolds.

My husband is right now sitting beside me with his laptop.  He has earphones and is listening to Geoffrey Botkin talk about practical courtship.

Big deal, right?  (No, it really is.)  It's the biggest deal ever.  

There was a time not so many days ago when I began to fear he wouldn't ever be sitting here next to me again. We have just come out of a battle with an infection that scared my socks off.  After his last surgery (on his leg - I think I mentioned it) he developed a post surgical infection.  His doctor prescribed antibiotics.  When the antibiotics didn't work, another doctor doubled the dose and prescribed daily antibiotic shots in the hip along with bed rest.  When he got worse another doctor decided to add a sulfa antibiotic on top of the daily shots and original antibiotic.  As his fever soared and his pain became unbearable he was admitted to the hospital.  MRSA.  

More antibiotics (this time in an iv) and yet two days in and the infectious disease doctor says he's not happy with the progress.  Finally there is improvement and after five days in the hospital he is sent home to recover.  And now, he sits next to me.  Thank you, Lord!  

We've had a good scare.  The kind that makes you forget everything you thought was important and only care about one thing.  The kind of scare you don't soon forget. 




I'm working tirelessly to get life back on track.  There's a span of about two weeks that are a complete blur to me.  

If you feel like hanging around here for just a bit longer I will return to the lighter side of this blog - the recipes and crafts that used to be so fun to chat about.  

In the meantime, I'm chasing my dreams...  

I have a dream.

I have a dream that one day I will get up out of bed on time and not exhausted from too little sleep.

I have a dream that one day everyone in our family will be able to find clean undergarments folded neatly in their drawers.

I have a dream that one day all of our school work will be finished on time, dinner will be on time, and the children will be tucked sweetly in their beds, on time.  

I have a dream that one day I will buy a Sunday paper and I will sit down and read it.  On Sunday.

I have a dream that one day my six children will live in a house that is clean and organized with a smiling mother who combed her hair.

I have a dream that one day our home, as loud and messy as it is right now, will be transformed into an oasis of peace and quiet.  

I have a dream today!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Stephanie, you have been through so much. I will continue to keep your family in prayer. I hope all will be well with your husband and son very soon. God bless, Jen

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...