Friday, November 15, 2013

An Update

To those of you still hanging around here checking for a new post - thank you, and I promise I will be getting back to regular posting soon.

Nic is doing better.  It is a slow and painful process.  He had his first of many appointments yesterday and his doctor said he is doing exactly as is to be expected nine days after ligament reconstruction.  We are working to get back on our feet after such a difficult week and a half.  Eli ended up with the stomach bug a full week after our first child fell victim.  We were certain it was gone until he woke up Sunday morning throwing up.  Thankfully, it was short lived and no one else has gotten sick.  I believe the sickness has left the building.  I hope.

This morning I have much to do and much more on my mind, but I stopped by to say this:

Only God can lift a heavy heart.  Only He can bring peace.

I don't know if you needed to read that, but I needed to write it.  In the midst of difficulties and pain, He is close.  I am learning all the time to lean on Him - not my own understanding, not other people, not my expectations of how things should be.  Him.

Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth.  For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God.  Colossians 3:2-3.

Those who love Thy law have great peace, and nothing causes them to stumble.  Psalm 119:165

From my distress I called upon the Lord; The Lord answered me and set me in a large place.  Psalm 118:5

In a place of distress (a tight spot) God will provide a large place.  No matter what you are facing or going through God is for you.  He loves you with an enormous love!

 Have a cozy weekend with your family and keep leaning on Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...