Monday, September 30, 2013

Butterscotch Tart

Happy Monday, almost Tuesday!  I've been trying to get this post up all day but something (or someone) kept coming along that needed my attention.  Seriously, how is it Monday evening already?  I do.not.know.

 I hope your weekend was restful.  Ours was great.  I wouldn't call it restful, but it was really wonderful.  The highlight of the weekend was spending yesterday with dear friends...yummy food, great conversation, and perfect weather.  It was scrumptious!

Speaking of scrumptious, I have a little treat to share with you.  Even though there are a million or so things I want to write about, all that will have to wait.  I have just enough time to post this deliciousness and then I must get back to my real job.


I say this often, but THIS is my favorite dessert.  Make this for your family.  You will thank me.  :)

Bottom Layer:

1 cup flour
3/4 cup chopped nuts
1 stick softened butter (don't melt!)

Mix together - press into 9x13 pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.  Let cool.



Second Layer:

1 8oz pkg. softened cream cheese
1 cup confectioner's sugar
half of one 8oz container of cool whip - partially thawed

Mix together - spread on top of bottom layer.


 
Third Layer:

2 small packages INSTANT butterscotch pudding
3 cups milk

Mix together and pour on top of cream cheese layer.  Let set for a few minutes.



Top layer:

Spread remaining Cool Whip and 1/4 cup chopped nuts on top of third layer.  Refrigerate and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...