Thursday, January 31, 2013

Clean Before Spring #2

Today's assignment has two parts. 

Part one is cleaning the oven.  It doesn't matter how you do it, just get it shined up and beautiful.  Some ovens have a self cleaning feature.  When the process is complete you can wipe up whatever is left behind with a damp cloth.  You can also use Easy Off or one of my favorite things, Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser.  Baking soda works well too.  Once you get your oven spiffy clean just wipe up spills as they occur to maintain it.  Our kitchens are the heart of our homes and when the kitchen is clean the whole house feels better.  We will be spending a lot of time in our kitchens in the coming weeks in order to get them clean before spring.

The second part of the assignment is to put away any remaining Christmas decor if you have any out.  Today is the last day of January after all!  I have a large wreath that needs to go to the attic and my Christmas dishes need to be put away.  I'm also packing up all the snowmen still hanging around.  I have a couple of snowman throws in the family room.  I'm going to wash them and pack them away too.

If your oven is already clean and your Christmas has been packed away, then good for you!  Just choose another project to work on today.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, first of all, I haven't done my drawers yet. And secondy, I am NOT touching that nasty oven... Well, I'll think about it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...