Saturday, August 25, 2012

Cowboy Caviar

Here it is...Road Trip Recipe #3...my absolute FAVORITE of the road trip recipes!  My dear sister rolled out the red carpet while we were visiting her family in Virginia.  Prior to our arrival she had spent many days cooking and freezing meals so we could enjoy more time visiting and less time in the kitchen.  *She's a really smart gal.*  I don't think we have ever eaten as well (or as much!) as we did at her house.  

After she brought out the Cowboy Caviar our family hovered around the dish like ants and sugar.  I literally had to tear myself away from the bowl.  You must believe me when I say this is the best stuff ever!  Ever!  Just like all of the other Road Trip Recipes I rushed home and made it.  It is now at the top of the family fave list and I'm positive we will be serving it to our friends and family when they visit.  Thanks Sis!



3/4 cup EVOO
1 cup rice vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
1 red onion
6-8 Roma tomatoes
1 bunch cilantro
1 green pepper
2 cans pinto beans
2 cans black beans
1 can corn

  1. Boil EVOO, vinegar, and sugar.  Let cool.
  2. Chop fresh ingredients.
  3. Drain canned ingredients.
  4. Mix everything together and chill.
Serve with tortilla chips.  Keeps in refrigerator up to 3 weeks.  

( I must give a little shout out to my 3 teenager boys.  They provided all of the tomatoes and green pepper in my Caviar right out of their garden.  Thanks boys!!)




1 comment:

  1. That sounds amazing....we will definitely be trying this one. The Ranch Chicken Tacos sound good also. We missed seeing you guys while you were here in Virginia. Looking forward to that weekend we talked about though.
    Take care and love you guys!!!!
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...