Today is the last day of the Loving Your Husband Series and it is also the last day to enter the Loving Your Husband Giveaway! If you haven't entered yet, please do so today. *Remember you must be follower to win.*
I have enjoyed writing this series. The timing has been perfect for me for a number of reasons. I set a goal at the beginning of the new year to work on becoming a better wife. Writing this series has helped me with that. Also, the timing of the series just happened to fall around Valentine's Day and our wedding anniversary!
Today, to finish up this series, I am going to give you a list of ideas for encouraging your husband. Not all of these ideas are original to me. I've picked ideas up everywhere. I listen to other wives, especially older godly women. I also read a lot of books. I believe whole-heartedly the number one way to encourage your husband is to pray for him. If you take nothing else away from this series please remember that. If you are already praying daily for your husband, keep it up! If you are not regularly praying for your husband, start today! This is an area where I am sometimes weak but I know how important it is and I desire to be a praying wife.
Here are ideas to get you started. Please comment with your own ideas. (Remember each comment gets you an additional entry into the giveaway!)
1. Make your husband's breakfast in the morning before he leaves for work.
2. Throw his towel in the dryer and warm it up for him while he is in the shower.
3. Send him a card or letter to his work.
4. Keep a prayer journal of requests he shares with you.
5. Plan date nights.
6. Send him a text just to let him know you are thinking about him.
7. Pack his lunch for work and add a little note.
8. Learn to do new things so you can do some of his work when he is busy.
9. Be grateful, happy and content.
10. Wear pretty clothes, and stay healthy and in shape.
11. Be enthusiastic about his plans and ideas.
12. Trust his decisions.
14. Keep your words positive and appreciative.
15. Maintain a clean, organized home.
16. Prepare delicious, healthy meals.
17. Make extra homemade goodies.
18. Stick to the budget.
19. Set a "daddy alarm" 1 hour before he comes home from work. Have the children help you straighten up the house. Take a few minutes to freshen up.
20. Respect him.
21. Admire him.
22. Help him with his work.
23. Ask him what he needs.
24. Make your home a stress and clutter free environment. Burn a fire in the fire place and set the table for a wonderful meal.
25. Plan a special trip and surprise him.
26. Pack a picnic basket and enjoy a few hours together talking and eating.
27. When he is traveling, sneak a card into his suitcase.
28. Make sure he knows you are glad he is home.
29. Do something extra special on his birthday.
30. Hug him, kiss him, give him a massage.
32. Serve him. This may mean putting his needs above your own and the children's.
33. When possible, cross something off his "honey-do" list by doing it yourself.
34. Initiate fun times and laugh.
35. PRAY FOR HIM!
Please consider adding your ideas in the comment section!