Monday, January 30, 2012

Monday Motivation #13

For today's Monday Motivation we are going to once again get motivated to encourage our husbands.  We've talked about this before but I feel it's an area in which we need reminding.  For some of us, the responsibilities of the home and the children sap all of our energy and there is nothing leftover for our husbands.  This must not be so.

A Widow Speaks Out  
Carolyn Lowe

My husband of 29 years suddenly and unexpectedly went home to be with the Lord.  My husband had taken our children, 13 and 9, for a fun day at the amusement park and had a heart attack while waiting in line for the next roller coaster ride. 

Randy and I read many books and attended numerous marriage seminars through the years.  However, I have learned more about marriage in my short time as a widow than I ever did as a wife.  It has reinforced the priorities I already knew were essential.  As a widow I would encourage you to:

1.  Live each day with your husband as if it were your last day together.

2.  Don't let the daily trials and disappointments of life determine your steps. 

3.  Let the Lord lead you and listen intently to His voice as He prompts you to love and minister to your husband.

4.  Let your husband be who he is and let the Lord order his steps.  I think we spend too much time trying to determine who our husband should be and how he should serve the Lord.  Instead, we should support and love him as Jesus does, with all his strengths and weaknesses.

5.  Let him see the joy of the Lord on your face and a genuine look of acceptance and love for him.  Let him see the Lord's light shining through you.  Let him know that you love him.

6.  Come alongside him.  Walk together as you navigate your way through life.

7.  "Don't sweat the small stuff."  When you have discord, resolve it quickly and don't give the enemy a stronghold.  Sometimes it is better to be kind than to be right.

8.  Forgive him as Christ has forgiven you.

For the next couple of weeks (beginning February 1st) I am going to be doing a LOVE YOUR HUSBAND series.  I'm so excited about this and I hope many of you will be too!  We are going to be looking at the big R word - Respect!, as well as dressing to please, the way to a man's heart, physical intimacy, making time for husbands, praying for husbands, love notes and a lot more.  There will even be a special giveaway!   Stop by here each day to join in the fun!!

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to your posts about marriage. Great topic of course. I got up early before basketball Saturday and surprised everyone with the Cinnamon cake. I was told I should have made 2, a few asked if it could be the cake they have for their birthday this year and my two oldest girls were scrambling in the kitchen the next day to see if we had everything they needed to make another one.
    So obviously it was a huge hit thanks for the recipe!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...