Thursday, December 15, 2011

Our Home for the Holidays

Our decorating is simple.  You won't find anything fancy here. We try to make it warm and cozy and special for our children and our guests. 

Here's a little tour...

Right now we've just got white lights on the little tree but we are planning to string popcorn on it.  At night the snowflakes, tree, and snowman are plugged up and add quite a bit of light to the front porch.




I collect snowmen so you will see quite a few of those around our house.  I leave them up all winter and usually pack them away in February.





I try to decorate simply and inexpensively.  I got this set of Christmas dishes at a garage sale for $10.  And the greenery in the middle of the table I was able to pick up off the floor around some cut Christmas trees for FREE!











These are the children's "stockings".  My husband and I have fun each year finding little things to fill them up.

The tree!  We are in the process of making our tree topper and haven't finished that yet.  I always have a dream of having all of my Christmas decorating complete by December 1st but I don't think with 6 kids that is ever going to happen!  :)

Our sweet little 5 year old gal decorated here.  This is the children's book shelf in the family room.


There are only 10 days until Christmas now.  How fast time has flown since this picture was taken!




Merry Christmas to all and to all a good-night!

Linked to Courtney as we tour our blog friends' homes.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...